How To Prepare For A Casting
If you just read How To Prepare For A Go-See, we get a little technical on what to bring and wear to a casting call.
*this post may contain affiliate links. read more here*
Before we get started:
Casting Call – Notices of modeling jobs. These usually have specifications of an upcoming production and the type and size or model they are looking for.
Check out our industry glossary. Don’t worry, it opens in a new tab. xo
What to Bring
Keep a tote bag or purse handy and don’t leave home without these!
- If you don’t have a card yet bring snapshots or digitals of you.
- Actors can get away with a headshot.
- A 9×12 book of images showing your best work.
- A tablet with a folder of images of your best work.
- If you are still building your portfolio that is OK. Your comp card or headshot can usually take its place.
- Mainly for actors, models rarely use a resume but it wouldn’t hurt to have one.
- Type up the commercials, gigs, shoots and shows that you have done including all training.
- PS: you can download your FREE resume
Keeping a beauty routine is not only healthy but also shows the client that you take pride in yourself and career.
Dedicate some time to pamper and prepare. These are all DIY from home and do not require expensive treatments or salon visits… (unless you want to).
- Exfoliate & Moisturize lips, face, and body (DIY Tips To Get Skin Like A Supermodel)
- Wash Hair. If you have a style that doesn’t require regular washing, omit.
In the morning, drink a large glass of water. If your face is puffy, try a 15 min cardio workout to help with circulation.
- Moisturize face and body as needed.
- Makeup (if any) should be light and simple. A little concealer, lip balm and a quick brush of mascara to the ends of your lashes go a long way.
What to Wear
Does the casting information specify what to wear? If not, that’s alright! Most of the time wearing something simple with clean lines is just fine.
Wear something that flatters your body and that you feel comfortable in. Try to avoid logos, patterns, prints, and stripes. Solid colors work best.
*shop affordable casting outfits with Asos*
Make sure to stay positive. Don’t worry about rejection or what you could do wrong. It can kill your vibe.
Each casting is different but having an idea of what to bring or wear is helpful.
Good luck! Break a leg! Any other good vibe messages here _________!!